Don't let your costuming hold you back from getting those professional, high-profile gigs! Whether or not you can sew, you can learn to make the kinds of burlesque audiences sigh with pleasure and other performers green with envy!
Designed for people who don't know how to sew, who are intimidated by the idea of costume design, or who are looking for some new costuming inspiration, this series will get you designing and creating your own professional looking, custom designed outfits including matching undergarments and accessories that look like a MILLION BUCKS but cost you very little to make!
This series will guide you through:
- How to create designs to flatter YOUR body! Make the most of what you've got by drawing attention to your ASSets and camoflauging those body parts you'd rather not emphasize!
- Affordable and FABULOUS embellishment techniques and sources for the diva on a budget, so that your audience and show bookers will think you spent serious bank on your costumes and treat you as the high-end performer you are!
- Can't even sew a button? No problem! No reason to let that hold you back! Learn design techniques for NON-SEWERS!
- How to alter garments for flattering fit and easy removal so that you can always look your very best and never have to worry about embarrassing "wardrobe malfunctions"!
- Three ways to repurpose garments you already own or can find on the cheap (hello, thriftstores!) to create AMAZING costumes, whether or not the original garments fit you at all!
- How to sketch out your designs even if you can't draw!
- Easy techniques for hand sewing, machine sewing, and using glues, and how to know which technique to use and when!
- Hands-on practice and plenty of personal guidance by Bombshell Betty and Red Velvet!
* Are you on a severe budget and can't afford to buy costuming supplies? We have a number of corsets, gowns and other items available through the scholarship fund!
May 5, May 19, June 2, June 16, June 30 & July 14
(Class meets every other week to allow time to make progress on assignments between classes.)
Bombshell Betty's Studio
715 Jordan St
Suite 201 (upstairs)
Near 5th Street
Bombshell Betty Dance maintains that it is the responsibility of the registrant to determine whether they will be able to attend all the classes in the session or workshop they are enrolling in at the time of purchase. Please notethat there will be no refund or prorate for unattended classes.
Read the Bombshell Betty Dance terms and policies
. All classes are for persons 18+ ONLY.